“Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures.” This quote from Lovelle Drachman could sum up the thrill of camping. Setting up your tent to spend a night under the stars can really make you feel at one with nature.
The great outdoors has so many possibilities and adventures waiting and if you’re not too particular about having home comforts when taking a break away, camping is a wonderful way of exploring.
Many more families are choosing to vacation in the USA now instead of flying abroad. With this change, camping has become an ever more popular choice.
Many people believe camping is uncomfortable and cold but it doesn’t have to be with a wide range of top-quality tents available today. Camping can be glamorous and just as comfortable as a hotel if you choose the right tent.
If you’re looking to mix things up a bit and want to take the family on an exciting camping trip, you will need the right equipment.
Camping with a large group of people can become complicated but not if you have the right gear. The solution to most of these problems is a 10 person tent.
A quality 10 person tent can help your camping trip become one to remember with enough space for your family, friends, and personal belongings.
Finding a reliable and spacious 10 person tent can be quite daunting. That is where we step in. We have made a list of the best 10 person tents that are available today.
Our detailed reviews will help you decide which is the right one for you as well as a buyer’s guide and FAQs section to help you make your final decision.
Need to find a tent quickly? Here is our top choice:
OUR TOP PICK
If you’re looking for a well-established brand with a highly reliable history of excellent products, you should certainly consider Coleman.
The WeatherMaster 10 Person Hinged Door Tent is perfect for a comfortable long camping weekend with enough space for all your family and friends.
The Coleman WeatherMaster 10 Person tent incorporates a WeatherTec system that has patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry in case of a sudden rainstorm.
What we love about the design of this tent is its state of the art hinged doors. These allow for easy access, in and out, without the risk of zippers catching and breaking. If you have teenage children and they want extra privacy, a room divider can convert the interior space into two spacious rooms.
You will be spoilt with the amount of space on offer with enough room to fit 3 queen-size mattresses. There is no need to limit your comfort just because you’re camping!
As the name suggests, the Coleman WeatherMaster should withstand all the elements nature throws at it whether you come across strong winds or heavy downpours.
And don’t worry about the dreaded setup. With another pair of helpful hands, this tent can be up and ready in just 20 minutes.
- Keeps you dry - Made with a WeatherTec system with patented welded floors to keep rainwater out
- Easy entry and exit - State of the art hinged doors allow for quick and easy access
- Offers privacy - A room divider can convert the inside into two separate rooms for extra privacy
- Good ventilation - Built with a Veriflow system to adjust cooling levels to your preference
- Easy to setup - Only takes around 20 minutes to set up
- Strong winds can cause the door to open so an added zipper may need to be used
If you hate the idea of spending time setting up a complicated tent, you should go for QOMOTOP Camping’s instant tent. This pops up within one minute.
All you have to do is find a campsite, remove the tent from its protective bag, and leave the tent almost magically set up. Camping has never been so easy!
Redefining camping, the QOMOTOP instant tent has an array of outstanding features. The last thing you want is water leaking into your tent when you’re fast asleep.
Thankfully, this tent is fully seam taped to prevent any water from coming in through the floor or rain fly. It features a cutting-edge ventilation system for your tent to stay fresh, even with a large group. Your tent will stay cool even on the hottest summer days and nights.
The 600mm PU coating helps make this tent wind-resistant and protects it against heavy rain. You and your camping buddies will have an ample amount of storage to choose from thanks to embedded storage bags on all the surrounding walls.
You can also keep your electrical appliances charged with a power cord access point at the bottom of the tent. With serious space and excellent features, it’s hard to ignore the quality this tent offers.
- Instant setup - Pre-attached telescopic poles help this tent set up almost automatically in less than a minute
- Very spacious interior - Enough room for your family and friends to relax in comfort
- Entirely waterproof - PU taping keeps the rain out and resists heavy winds
- Lots of storage - Embedded storage pockets around the tent’s interior to keep your belongings safe
- Well ventilated - State of the art ventilation system and mesh to provide a better airflow
- Netting can rip with internal poles if setup incorrectly
Next up is a very spacious and ideal tent for large groups of people. This easy to set up tent will easily fit 3 queen size air mattresses inside as well as sleeping bags for 10 people. For top convenience and comfort, this UNP Camping Family tent is one of the best on the market.
Setting up camp is not like it used to be. Finding random tent poles and trying to find which end goes where is a thing of the past. The UNP family tent has patented foot sleeves that provide a very solid and weatherproof construction.
Just insert these poles through the sleeves and you’re almost done. With the help of another person, you could have this immense tent up and ready within 8 minutes.
Repacking the tent is usually another thankless task. The tent’s bag always seems too small, doesn’t it? Not with this tent! Placing the UN tent back in its large carry bag is easy so you can store it safely when it’s not in use.
Mosquitos can also be a pain when camping in the wild. Thankfully, this tent has a large mosquito repellent mesh roof that keeps these pesky creatures at bay while allowing you to watch shooting stars at night from the comfort of your tent.
Three large side mosquito repellant mesh windows are also built-in as well as two large windows on the two doors for added ventilation. You will feel safe and cozy within this tent, no matter what the weather.
- Very easy to set up - Patented foot sleeves allow for a quick set up in just 8 minutes
- Easy to re-pack - Comes with a large carry bag measuring 25.6x10.2x10.2 inches to ensure the tent is packed away safely and efficiently
- Excellent ventilation - Large mesh windows on both doors allow for superb airflow throughout the tent
- Highly durable - Made from top-quality polyester 185T PU1000mm fabric to guarantee water resistance
- Mosquito repellent - Incorporates mosquito repellent mesh windows to keep you safe from various bugs
- Water can form at the base of the window seam after heavy downpours
Explore nature and enjoy outdoor adventures with the HIKERGARDEN Camping tent. This tent is designed to make your camping trip as enjoyable as possible with top quality materials and comfort.
With a floor dimension of 168 x 132-inches, this tent has more than enough room for 10 people and its center height of 74-inches is taller than most tents offer. Got 3 queen size air mattresses? These will fit with no problem or you can be more traditional with 10 sleeping bags.
HIKERGARDEN’s tent guarantees water-resistance with its durable 185T polyester material. Rain will bounce off the tent and never leak inside.
Solid long nails ensure the tent stands sturdily and the high-quality fiberglass poles help the tent stand up to wind and bad weather.
If you’re camping with another 9 people, just grab one of them to set the tent up. Within 9 minutes, the tent will be ready so you can start exploring the surrounding area. An E-port design also allows you to connect a power source if required.
The tent has one large mesh door, 4 mesh windows, and a breathable top ceiling for excellent air circulation and ventilation.
The mesh will keep any bugs away so you won’t be kept awake by an incessant buzzing all night. We love how no water droplets condense overnight either leaving the tent bone dry in the morning.
If you want to make the most out of your camping experience, the HIKERGARDEN tent can certainly help you enjoy a relaxing and comfortable break away.
- Great ventilation and heat resistance - provides optimal airflow with a mesh door and windows with a double layer fabric rainfly for heat resistance
- Very spacious - Large dimensions result in a larger tent than many others as well as letting you stand up straight inside
- Offers privacy - Comes with a divided curtain to create two separate rooms
- Very durable and sturdy - Includes fully taped removable rainfly which is fixed with hooks to prevent anything from being blown away
- Excellent storage - Mesh pockets in the tent help store small items and keep the floor clutter-free
- The zipper can stick after some use
Last on the list is the very spacious Ozark Trail Family Cabin tent. With large windows on either side, you will be able to enjoy the beautiful views around you as well as let a great deal of light in throughout the day.
There is enough space to spread your arms and stretch your legs to enjoy the most comfortable experience while camping.
If you like your privacy, the Ozark Trail Family Cabin tent comes with a room divider for separate living and sleeping quarters. The center height of the tent is tall enough to allow you to stand up without needing to crouch the whole time.
Made from durable 68D coated polyester fabric, this tent will provide lasting rain protection to keep you and your belongings completely dry.
In addition to this, this tent is engineered with fully taped factory-sealed seams to ensure you are in a dry zone with sufficient leak protection at all times.
Most of us like to keep up to date with the world around us, even when camping, so charging our devices is essential. The Ozark Trail Family Cabin tent has electrical cord access to provide power inside the tent.
There is also the addition of a gear loft to store any lightweight items safely. If you’re looking to camp up to 10 people with enough room for two queen size mattresses, the Ozark Trail Family Cabin tent will provide all you need to make your camping trip comfortable and convenient.
- Very spacious - Enough room for 10 sleeping bags or two queen size mattresses
- Tall interior - The center of the tent is high enough for most people to stand up and move around freely
- Separate living and sleeping spaces - A room divider creates two private areas
- Water-resistant - Durable polyester design keeps the tent free from leakage during rainstorms
- Electrical cord access - Able to keep electrical appliances powered up inside the tent at all times
- The tent’s floor is relatively thin and can pierce without due care and attention
- Not an instant tent as the poles need to be manually put together
Best 10 Person Tent Buying Guide
Before you set off and purchase your new 10 person tent, there are some factors you should consider.
Finding out what you should look for in a good quality family size tent will leave you safe in the knowledge that you’re buying the right one for you.
Take a look at the features and aspects of 10 person tents below to help you make that final decision.
Consider how long it takes to set up a tent. Some can be very difficult and irritating to set up while others can pop up in a matter of minutes.
Some require another set of hands to help set up too.
Size of the Tent
Although you are looking for a 10 person tent, consider the area in which you will be setting up the tent. These tents are very large so may not be able to fit in your desired space.
If this is the case, think about taking two separate tents to set up further apart or find an area large enough to accommodate family-sized tents.
It is recommended that you keep a budget in mind and stick to this. Even if your budget is not large you can still find good quality tents for a smaller price that will last many years.
Having a budget in mind will make ensure your options are far easier to narrow down.
The rainfly is an additional layer that protects your tent against, you guessed it, rain. There are two types of rainfly: full coverage and roof-only.
Roof-only coverage lets in more light to your cabin but the protection isn’t as significant as full coverage types. Most also retain added heat to keep you warm during the night.
Tents need to be portable. You need one that isn’t too cumbersome and won’t put too much stress on your back while carrying it.
Remember it’s not just the tent’s canvas you will be carrying. There are the poles which can weigh quite a bit as well as the carry bag and different accessories. 10 person tents can be pretty large so you need to make sure you can carry the added weight that comes with these substantial tents.
Airflow is critical when camping. With 10 people in a confined space, with doors and windows closed, air can easily become trapped creating a humid and uncomfortable environment.
Most contemporary family tents are designed with ventilation to dissipate any heat inside. These come in the form of mesh doors, panels, windows, and ceilings without the risk of letting any bugs inside.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I purchase a 10 person tent or something smaller?
If you regularly camp with big groups of friends or with your family, you will certainly need a spacious tent to sleep everyone and store belongings.
10 person tents can offer more privacy and storage options but if you don’t camp often or only with small groups, it is probably best you choose a smaller sized tent.
Is a 10 person tent safe to use in all seasons?
This depends on the design of the tent. Some, such as four-season tents, are made to withstand the colder weather during winter while three-season tents focus on ventilation and breathability instead of insulation.
Four-season tents will cover you for all climates but if you’re only camping in the summer, a three-season tent should be adequate.